Thursday, June 7, 2012

One Baby Gift Down...

I have been working on this quilt for a friend's baby for months now.  I started it before the baby was even born and he is now 8 months old.  I finally gave up.  There was one problem after another, I didn't like the colours, the stitching was a bit crooked, the binding wasn't straight.  The other night I noticed that the binding didn't catch in one spot.  Damn.  Enough!  Not only is the gift late but it has to go to DENMARK.  I packed up the other parts of the gift (a superman quilt, John Deere stuffie and sock monkey) and sent it off.

Of course I only took a photo of the sock monkey.



I must really love the little guy's mother because I really hate sock monkeys.  They are such a pain.  The sock rolls, it is so narrow and hard to turn out.  The thread is hard to see unless you use a contrasting colour but then you can see the stitches and mine are not always so neat.  I am pleased to say that this sock monkey only took an evening.  He worked out quite nicely.  One ear is a little off but that is the joy of a handmade item.

My oldest LOVED her sock monkey.  I was a little sad when she gave him up for her mass produced Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh.  He is starting to make a comeback which makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment