Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sew Much Trouble?


Well, I waited until my sister-in-law's birthday had passed to start the table topper I was going to make her. It should be noted that I ordered the fabric in January, well in advance of the actual date. I even went into the quilting store and had them help me design a simple pattern to showcase the fabric. Then I procrastinated. And procrastinated.


After practicing with newspaper I finally decided to forge ahead tonight.
Something has gone wrong. Although it is symmetrical, it is not quite right. Going back I cut the main fabric wrong. This was long before I cut the tape measure.

I am not sure why I thought quilting was a good hobby for me. I am not a very exacting person. I am not sure that I even know an exacting person!

Now the question becomes, should I take it in and get them to tell me how to fix it or finish it as is. The whimsy means it was homemade with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment