Monday, January 28, 2013

Skeletons-photos to come soon!

In September we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas (which I know is not appropriate for my kids!) and both girls became obsessed.  Chickenbutt loves Halloween and wanted to be a skeleton.  Since it was already September I apparently missed my chance to buy black skeleton pajamas, to use as a costume, locally.  I found some online but they were way too expensive and finding a skeleton costume for a preschooler and a toddler was tricky.  Now I know that it would not have been hard to sew but then we saw pink skeleton pajamas online and they glow in the dark.  I ordered two sets (from different places on eBay) and we waited until the last weekend before Halloween before panicking.  Finally I took Chickenbutt to the dollar store where we found toddler size skeleton costumes.  We picked up two. 
Meanwhile I made two skeleton hats.  Despite the fact that Chickenbutt was excited for the pink skeleton pajamas she insisted that her hat look like Jack Skellington.  I explained numerous times that it wouldn't match the costume but was instructed that it had to be black. 


It is important to note that it took until after Christmas that Chickenbutt would wear the hat without the rest of the costume.

I was also told that both girls (Chickenbutt did all the talking for them both at that time) that they would both need skeleton dolls for the costumes to be complete.  I was also told that the skeletons had to be pink.  I purchased the pattern from Dolls and Daydreams and it was very easy to follow.  Once again I probably could have made this myself but the pattern was very well done and already has all the bugs worked out.  I am really happy with the way they turned out but am way happier with the way the black one turned out which I made for a friend. 
 
In addition to all the skeleton costumes and toys my dad brought over a large decorative skeleton.  After it fell over too many times in Chickenbutt's room (she has a Halloween display), I hung it in our dining room.  Then we had to decorate it for Christmas.  I have some beautiful quilted wall hangings that could go in that space.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment