Saturday, June 15, 2013

Finally!

I can not believe it has taken me this long to learn to crochet!  Just thinking about the amount of time and energy I could have saved on the Wall-Es alone is maddening!

I started by making each girl a hat.  Of course Wren needed a cat and Chickenbutt a spider.
I used the Hello Kitty hat pattern from 5PacksCrochet but left off the ear flaps since it is a spring hat.  I did have to add a few extra rows to get the length I wanted but overall it turned out nicely.

 
 
I then used the same basic beanie pattern and added a spider for Chickenbutt.
 



I have made two cats, one for each girl.  This is a pattern from Ana Paula Rimoli in her book Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet. It did not turn out quite as well I had hoped but Chickenbutt assures me she loves it.  I suspect she may be trying to convince herself.  I know it is not a problem with the pattern because I can see other people on Ravelry have had success.


 
 This is a different cat for Wren.  Our cats are all orange because our real cat is orange.  (And the poor guy would love it if the kids would just stick to the cat toys and leave him alone!)  This one turned out much better except that the ears are a bit too round.  The pattern was free from Amy Gaines and is the pouncing Siamese cat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment