Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mine Crab and Other Crocheted Friends

"“Mine crab?” “Mommy, mine crab!” ”I’m working on it as fast as I can!” “Mine crab done yet?”



“Mine crab done! Huge! Love him!”
 
 
This crab is waiting for the rain to stop so he can go outside.  He is from the book Crocheted Softies by Stacey Trock.  I finally returned it to the library after making Salty the Crocodile as well.  I am definitely going to purchase the book when I order Wren's birthday books next month.  Stacy Trock's patterns are easy to follow and produce very nice results.   





I also participated in the mystery crochet-a-long with Freshstitches (Stacey Trock) on Ravelry.  I was really hoping for an anteater for some reason but it turned out to be a kangaroo.  I did add a tail to the joey.  Wren has very slyly been getting to play with the kangaroo when I am out.  She convinced her dad to get it down from the shelf for her.  I have no one in mind to receive Amber the Kangaroo but it is not to be added to the general toy basket around here. 



I also completed one brachiosaurus from a PanetJune pattern.  My goal is 5 more dinosaurs this month - one more brachiosaurus, two triceratops and two stegosaurus.  I am hoping to add them to my craft sale table this year.  When I complete the six I will reward myself with another 3 dinosaur patterns.  Although I really liked the colours of this dinosaur I did not like working with the yarn.  It is a recycled cotton.  I may try again after I have more dinosaurs under my belt and see if the yarn was the problem or I was.   I like the PlanetJune patterns because they are realistic looking and small enough to be easily toted around by a little one. 

 
 
Like an idiot I joined 3 online crochet groups in July and one in August.  I completed the amigurumi of the month project with one day to spare.  It is a pretty cute Chococat.  I did have to look up what Chococat was though.  Apparently I am old.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment