Wednesday, July 10, 2013

eeek!

Chickenbutt wanted a soft black widow spider for Christmas.  I had to modify a pattern from a book (the title is lost to me, Christmas was months ago) as the spider had to be anatomically correct.  I did forget the spinnerets but so far Chickenbutt has not noticed.  I did remember the pedipalps and the fangs. 

Christmas black widow on the table topper I made my mother-in-law.

For her birthday she needed a boy black widow spider.  Male black widows are brown or yellow and have different markings.  They are also smaller. 
She also managed to get my mom to knit her a pink spider. 


All three spiders.  Happy Birthday!
 I designed Wren an owl for Christmas.  I was not happy with the first draft but had used all of the brown fabric.  I really liked the brownish chenille but couldn't find anything cute enough in my stash to match it.  In future I would like to make the body a bit longer and rounder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment